Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about PayByCar, start by checking out the questions below.
If you don’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.
To quickly navigate to a specific topic, you can use these links:
- What is PayByCar?
- Will I be charged a fee when I use PayByCar?
- Is a PayByCar account the same as an E-ZPass account?
- What is a non-toll account?
- Do I need an E-ZPass to use PayByCar?
- How does PayByCar work at a gas station?
- Can I use PayByCar at any gas station?
- Is there a location near me?
- Is this a way for E-ZPass (or another agency) to track me?
- Why do I have to allow location services everytime?
- When can I use it in a parking lot?
- When are the offers coming?
- How do I find my transponder number?
- Can I add more than one transponder and/or driver to my account?
- Can I add more than one credit card to my account?
- Can I use my loyalty card with my PayByCar transactions?
- Will I still get points on my credit card when I use PayByCar?
- How do I get a PayByCar Smart Tag?
- Why didn’t I get a text when I arrived at the gas station?
- Why did I get a “payment authorization unsuccessful” message when I tried to activate a pump?
- I entered the wrong pump number – can I cancel the transaction?
- How can I change the email address on my account?
- How can I change or add a credit/debit card to my account?
- Can I add a credit card to my profile at the time of the transaction?
- Will I get an email receipt after I make a purchase?
- How do I cancel my PayByCar account?
PayByCar is a simple, touchless, secure way to pay for on-the-go transactions like gas fill-ups and drive-thru pick-ups. We combine text messaging with electronic toll transponder technology to facilitate everyday drive-up transactions.